Monday, February 15, 2010

Top 10 Romantic Movies

Just saw "Valentine's day" movie on Valentine's Day and it got me thinking which were those movies that really made me ache for love or made teary eyed but with a smile. Those simple yet touching movies that made me forget all the sad and gloomy things around. So in answer to that I came up with these ten movies. Rank them as you may like, because all are my favourites so here is my favourite top ten romantic movies.

1.) Titanic
Rose: I love you Jack.
Jack: Don't you do that, don't say your good-byes.
Rose: I'm so cold.
Jack: I don't know about you, but I intend on writing a strongly worded letter to the White Star Line about all of this. You're gonna go on, and make lots of babies, and watch them grow. You're gonna die an old lady, warm in her bed. Not here, not this night. Do you understand me? Winning that ticket, Rose, was the best thing that ever happened to me... it brought me to you. And I'm thankful for that, Rose. I'm thankful. You must do me this honor, Rose. Promise me you'll survive. That you won't give up, no matter what happens, no matter how hopeless. Promise me now, Rose, and never let go of that promise.
Rose: I promise.
Jack: Never let go.
Rose: I'll never let go. I'll never let go, Jack.


2.) Sense and Sensibility (1995)
I do not have anything to tell because I don't conceal anything. You have nothing to tell because you do not communicate anything.





3.) Notebook
Noah: I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.


4.) Ghost
Molly Jensen: I love you.
Sam Wheat: Ditto.





5.) The Holiday
I have found almost everything ever written about love to be true. Shakespeare said, "Journeys end in lovers meeting." What an extraordinary thought





6.) Notting hill
William: I live in Notting Hill. You live in Beverly Hills. Everyone in the world knows who you are, my mother has trouble remembering my name.
Anna Scott: I'm also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.


7.) Roman holiday
Ann: At midnight, I'll turn into a pumpkin and drive away in my glass slipper.
Joe: And that will be the end of the fairy tale.






8.) Pretty woman
Vivian: "I want the fairy tale"





9.) Pearl Harbour
Evelyn Johnson: I'm giving my heart to Danny. But I'll never look at another sunset without thinking of you.






10.) A walk to remember
Landon: Jamie saved my life. She taught me everything. About life, hope and the long journey ahead. I'll always miss her. But our love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I can feel it.

1 comment:

Deepa's corner said...

Its indeed a lovely list of lovely movies...these are my favourite too:))